Healing Racism in Anchorage is a group of concerned citizens like you who believe that Anchorage can be a better place to live. We believe that means taking action to learn how racism occurs, and how to stop it in its tracks. Through education, sharing, and taking action our community gets better, one person at a time.
Healing Racism in Anchorage will provide our community with educational experiences to help us understand and interrupt the cycle of racism.
Healing Racism in Anchorage envisions a united Anchorage based on trust, respect, and understanding. We strive to eliminate the prejudice, discrimination, and racism that divide us.
- To provide a venue for Anchorage residents to explore personal and societal issues associated with racism and prejudice.
- To involve people of all ethnicities in efforts to heal racism in Anchorage.
- To help members of our community develop the skills to recognize, interrupt, and confront the prejudice process.
- To learn from each other and grow in appreciation of histories and cultural experiences different from our own.
- To form partnerships with other organizations interested in social justice.
Healing Racism in Anchorage is a grass-roots organization begun in Anchorage in 1995 and incorporated in 1999 as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, privately supported organization..